Library and Learning Services
Library and Learning Services are committed to providing a high quality customer service. To help us achieve this, we have standards in key areas of service provision.
Space and access
- We will provide a range of study environments to suit differing needs throughout our advertised opening hours.
- We will open Kimberlin and Law libraries, Eric Wood Learning Zone and Greenhouse for 100% of their advertised opening hours on our website.
- We will ensure that the Library website including Library Search is available for 24 hours a day (excluding essential maintenance where advance notice will be provided).
- 90% of new acquisitions will be fulfilled in 20 working days.
- We will ensure 90% of items returned from loan or used in-house are back on the shelf within 48 hours of return or use.
- We will process all eligible inter-library loan requests within 24 week day hours of receipt.
- We will respond to email enquiries via JustAsk within 24 hours. Emails during week day office hours will receive a response within 3 hours.
- We will respond to feedback received via printed or online feedback forms within ten days.
- We will achieve an overall score of at least 4.3 in the National Student Survey (NSS) for library provision.
Support for learning, teaching and research
- We will offer structured information and digital literacy skills session to all programmes which will be deemed good or excellent by 95% of sampled attendees.
- We will provide an appointment, drop-in opportunity or workshop with specialist support staff (Subject Librarians, Library Disability Team, CLaSS, Maths Learning Centre).
- We will offer an e-induction to all DMU undergraduate, postgraduate taught and foundation students prior to starting their course.
We are committed to reviewing our service delivery against these standards and other performance indicators. Your feedback plays an important part in our performance measurement: if you have comments on these standards or our service performance, please let us know via our feedback page.