Library and Learning Services
Using the Library's specialist subject resources.
- How can I find journal articles on a particular subject?
- How do I use a database?
- Which database should I use?
- How do I find out if the library has a certain journal?
- What are E-Journals and how do I use them?
1. How can I find journal articles on a particular subject?
You can use databases to find articles in journals. Some also have direct links to the electronic version of the journal. You can get more help on this from the How to find information in journals guide.
2. How do I use a database?
Databases usually provide you with a searchbox for you to enter keywords which describe your subject. Some databases just provide you with references to journal articles and other publications; others also provide links to the full text of documents. Guides are available for some databases and most provide help within the database.
3. Which database should I use?
It all depends on your subject. Use the Subject Guides to find a list of databases and other electronic resources recommended for your subject.