Library and Learning Services
Key Library services such as Lending services, Opening Times and the Library Catalogue.
- How do I use the Library Catalogue?
- How many books can I borrow? What is the loan period?
- When is the library open?
- How do I reserve a book?
- How long does it take for a book to come from another site?
- How will I know when my reservations have arrived ?
- Do you have information on referencing?
1. How do I use the Library Catalogue?
You can find advice on using the library catalogue from the 'Help' pages (there is a button on the top-right of the screen) or from the guide on How to use the library catalogue.
2. How many books can I borrow? What is the loan period?
Details of borrowing entitlements and loan periods for library customers can be found at the Borrowing from the Library page on the Library website.
3. When is the library open?
Opening times vary for each library throughout the year, but the times for up to the next 30 days can be found on the webpages.
4. How do I reserve a book?
Check on OPAC to see whether the book is available. Click on Request and enter your borrower number, without the P, and your library PIN.
5. How long does it take for a book to come from another site?
It should take just a few days provided that it is available for loan.
6. How will I know when my reservations have arrived ?
We normally notify you by email when your reservations are available for collection. To check whether books you have reserved are available for collection, select OPAC, click on My Account and enter your borrower number without the P and your library PIN.
7. Do you have information on referencing?
There is a library guide to referencing using the Harvard system, which includes a section on how to reference electronic sources. There is also a Self Study Guide on referencing, "Information Citation" which covers both the Harvard and numeric systems, which you can find on the Self-study booklets page.